ucf school OF PUBLIC Administration
ALUMNI achievement AWARDS
- Deadline: Monday, Feb. 13 | 5 p.m.
Annually the UCF School of Public Administration (SPA) solicits nominations from faculty, staff, students, alumni, advisory board members, and community members for the SPA Alumni Achievement Awards. This award is for alumni who have demonstrated excellence in their careers and leadership in the field. Award recipients should have made significant contributions to their chosen profession, as well as furthering SPA’s goals of improving the ability of public, not-for-profit, and private organizations to address the most difficult challenges facing society. These contributions do not need to be publicly renowned but should represent important creative effort or an accomplishment of societal or educational value. Direct service to the SPA is not necessary but examples of such service, do strengthen the nomination. This award is not necessarily given out every year. Self-nominations will be accepted.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Must be a graduate of the School of Public Administration (undergraduate or graduate degree).
- A record of distinguished professional achievement and/or exceptional service in local, state, national or international affairs.
- Exceptional community service in support to the advancement and continued excellence of the school, college, or university.
- A reflection of the school and college’s values in the candidate (i.e. diversity, collaboration, excellence, innovation and creativity, knowledge, truth and honesty, fairness and equity, passion and service) and strive to uphold the tenets of the UCF Creed.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to maintaining a lifelong relationship with UCF through involvement with SPA, COPHA, and alumni association-related activities.
To nominate an outstanding alumni, please fill out the following form and attach a letter of recommendation. All nominees will be contacted to provide additional information, if needed.
One award recipient will be chosen from each program in the SPA. The winners and nominees will be celebrated at the Public Service Recognition Week Celebration on Tuesday, May 9 at the UCF FAIRWINDS Alumni Center.
Thank you for submitting your nomination!
If you have questions or need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact:
Jessica Schwendeman: firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-823-3806