COLLEGE OF NURSING
OUTSTANDING ALUMNI AWARDS
The UCF College of Nursing is dedicated to preparing nurse leaders and patient advocates through excellence in education, research and service. Our Knight nurses, who work to bring our mission to life everyday are forever an extension of the college, and have a tremendous impact on our community.
New to our 2017 All-Class Alumni Reunion, the UCF College of Nursing is seeking to recognize its most distinguished alumni with Outstanding Alumni Awards. Recipients of these awards have done remarkable work in the field of nursing in one of four categories; Mentorship, Education, Community Service, and/or as an outstanding UCF College of Nursing faculty member.
The deadline to submit nominations is Friday, Feb. 24. Questions? Contact Kathleen Sakowicz.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Must be a graduate of the UCF College of Nursing
- Must have a record of distinguished professional achievement and/or exceptional leadership in the field of nursing.
- Must reflect the college’s values of excellence, innovation, integrity, compassion, service and community.
- Preference will be given to alumni with direct and meaningful involvement with the UCF College of Nursing and UCF Alumni.
- Self-nominations will be accepted.
- Ability to accept the award in person at the 2017 All-Class Alumni Reunion on April 1 is highly encouraged.
Mentorship – An alumnus/alumna who serves as a professional guide, motivator and coach, perhaps as a preceptor, empowering a current nursing student or a fellow nurse.
Education – An alumnus/alumna who has done significant work in contributing to life-long learning for fellow nurses and nursing students.
Community Service – An alumnus/alumna who has done significant volunteer work and outreach in the community (globally, nationally or locally) in an effort to bring the impact of nursing to organizations or people in need.
Outstanding UCF Nursing Faculty – An alumnus/alumna who has become a UCF College of Nursing faculty member (including part-time, full-time and adjunct faculty) and has gone above and beyond to ensure future nurse leaders are prepared for the field.