2019 COLLEGE OF NURSING
OUTSTANDING ALUMNI AWARDS
The UCF College of Nursing is dedicated to preparing nurse leaders and patient advocates through excellence in education, research and service. Our Knight nurses, who work to bring our mission to life everyday are forever an extension of the college, and have a tremendous impact on our community.
For the third year, the UCF College of Nursing is pleased to present its Outstanding Alumni Awards Program. Through this program, five distinguished alumni, and one student will be presented an award at the 2019 UCF Alumni All-Class Nursing Reunion. Applicants and recipients of these awards have demonstrated remarkable work in the field of nursing in one of six categories listed below.
The deadline to submit nominations is Friday, March 15. Questions? Please contact Christina Gonzalez.
General Eligibility and Criteria
- Must be a graduate of the UCF College of Nursing (Senior Noble Knight Award nominees must be in the last year of their BSN program.)
- Must have a record of distinguished professional achievement and/or exceptional leadership in the field of nursing.
- Must reflect the college’s values of excellence, innovation, integrity, compassion, service and community.
- Preference will be given to alumni/students with direct and meaningful involvement with the UCF College of Nursing and UCF Alumni.
- Self-nominations will be accepted.
Ability to accept the award in person at the 2019 All-Class Alumni Reunion on April 13 is highly encouraged.
Alumni Award Criteria
- Community Service – An alumna/us who has done significant volunteer work and outreach in the community (globally, nationally or locally) in an effort to bring the impact of nursing to organizations or people in need.
- Education – An alumna/us who has done significant work in contributing to life-long learning for fellow nurses and nursing students.
- Innovation – An alumna/us who has implemented a process improvement or overseen a nurse-driven change that had a major impact on the functioning of a clinical setting and/or patient outcomes.
- Mentorship – An alumna/us who serves as a professional guide, motivator and coach, perhaps as a preceptor, empowering a current nursing student or a fellow nurse. Nominees for this award may be participants of the Knight Nursing Alumni Mentorship program, but that is not a requirement.
- Outstanding UCF Nursing Faculty – An alumna/us who has become a UCF College of Nursing faculty member (including part-time, full-time and adjunct faculty) and has gone above and beyond to ensure future nurse leaders are prepared for the field.
Alumni-Selected Student Award Criteria
- Senior Noble Knight – The alumni chapter would like to recognize a nursing student who has gone above and beyond to make an impact in the lives of others before formally entering the profession. Nominees for this award should be a UCF nursing student of senior standing who has made significant contributions to the profession through research, or in the community through service work.