Nicholson School of Communication and Media Alumni
With more than 13,000 Nicholson School of Communication alumni across the country and around the world, and more than 9,000 NSC alumni residing in the state of Florida, we are a force to be reckoned with! Get involved and stay connected to your alma mater by joining fellow CommAlumKnights in the UCF Nicholson School of Communication Alumni Chapter. Our chapter provides professional contacts and development through chapter programming, and allows its volunteers to give back through interaction with communication students. There’s never been a more exciting time to engage with your alma mater! Best of all, there are no membership dues!
All Knights are welcome to join us for social, career and community events throughout the year.
Getting involved is easy! Here's how:
- Update your contact information and share your news with fellow alumni.
- Use the social media links above to get connected.
- Find Knights in your neighborhood with the alumni directory.
- Do business with Knight-owned companies.
- Volunteer with the college and directly affect the lives and future careers of UCF students.
Assistant Director, Alumni Engagement
UCF College of Sciences
- Crystal Buit '06 (Journalism) | Chair
- Valerie Moses '13 (AD-PR) | Vice Chair
- Tom Alexander ’03 (Radio-TV) | Immediate Past Chair
- Jennifer Sangalang '12 (Interpersonal and Organizational Communication) | Philanthropy Chair
- Jamie Vega '04 '06MA (AD-PR and Communication MA) | Mentorship Chair
The Nicholson School of Communication’s Hall of Fame award is given to recognize alumni from the Nicholson School of Communication for their career accomplishments and contributions to the school. This Hall of Fame claims a wide range of exceptional professionals who started their careers at UCF, as well as honorary inductees who are not official UCF alumni, but who have made a significant impact on the school. Inductees include professionals from all communication majors within the NSC — advertising-public relations, interpersonal-organizational communication, journalism and radio-television. Those who have received this honor have made UCF proud with all they have achieved and are exceedingly deserving of the Hall of Fame award.
- Chris Tomasso '93 (2016)
- Michael Griffin '84 (2015)
- Donna Mirus Bates '93 (2014)
- Clay Newbill '82 (2013)
- Jeff Butler '72 (2013)
- Heissam Jebailey '00 (2012)
- Dan Ward '92 (2011)
- Joe Hall — Honorary (2011)
- Chris Gent '87 (2010)
- Roy Reid '88 — Honorary (2010)
- Mick Lochridge '74 (2009)
- Mike Hinn '92 — Honorary (2009)
- Rick Brunson '84 (2008)
- Dr. Fred Fedler — Honorary (2008)
- Joan McCain, '82 (2007)
- Dr. Tom Morgan — Honorary (2007)
- Kimberlee Strong '93 (2006)
- Susan Blexrud '73 (2005)
- Richard Crotty '72 (2004)
- Peter Cranis '84 (2003)
- Tom Buhr '88 (2003)
- Frank Stansberry '89 (2002)
- Jim Hobart '91 (2002)
- Michele Cooper '83 (2002)
- Mike Meeske — Honorary (2002)
- Bob Opsahl '76 (2001)
- Cari Coats '79 (2001)
- Lee Constantine '74 (2001)
- Bob Davis — Honorary (2001)
- Roger Pynn '73 (2000)
- Dana Eagles '77 (2000)
- Marla Weech '79 (2000)
- Tony Nicholson — Honorary (2000)
Nicholson School of Communication and Media alumni are moving up the career ladder, making big splashes in their industries and sharing their proudest moments with fellow Knights. To read about these alumni accomplishments, check out the College of Sciences News Blog.
Also, make sure to read the Nicholson School of Communication and Media's monthly InterCom newsletters for school updates and other alumni news.
Do you have an accomplishment you would like to share? Tell us about it by emailing [email protected].
The success of the UCF Nicholson School of Communication and Media is owed in large part to the generous contributions of the alumni, friends, corporations and foundations that have supported our efforts. Every gift has an impact that extends beyond the campus into our communities. We thank those who have invested in these programs and inspired our students and faculty members to pursue their academic and professional dreams.
View a complete list of funds that support the college's students and programs.