College of Nursing Alumni
Be part of a network of more than 7,400 nursing Knights through the UCF College of Nursing Alumni Chapter! Our chapter focuses on bringing alumni together to foster friendships and professional connections that benefit you and the university, and is the perfect way to connect and stay tuned in to UCF and the endless opportunities available throughout our community. Best of all, there are no membership dues!
All Knights are welcome to join us for social, career and community events throughout the year.
Getting involved is easy! Here's how:
- Update your contact information and share your news with fellow alumni.
- Connect with us on social media.
- Volunteer with the college alumni chapter and directly affect the lives and future careers of UCF students.
Assistant Director, Alumni Engagement
College of Nursing
College of Nursing Alumni Chapter
- Valerie Lapp '99 '09MSN '16PhD | Chair
- Shannon Hassett '16 | Philanthropy Chair
- Sandra Galura '05MSN '12PhD | Communications Chair
- Candace McKnight '93 '95 | Immediate Past Chair
- Amanda Schultz '17 | Social Media Chair
- Kimberly Bogers '18 | Reunion Chair
- Kelly Eberbach '15 | Mentorship Chair
- Michelle Fackler '95 '12MSN| Philanthropy Committee
- Ferra Billa '17 | Mentorship Committee
- Katherine Dorminy '06 '10MSN| Mentorship Committee
- Joyce DeGennaro '03 '09 '13MSN | Faculty Liaison
- Shannon Strauss | Student Liaison
- Alexandra Fox '18 | Member-at-Large
- Joshua Montemayor '09 | Member-at-large
- Eliany Torrez Pon '18 | Member-at-Large
The College of Nursing UCF Alumni Chapter hosts various networking and celebration events throughout the year, but the chapter celebrates extra big during its two annual signature events.
Each spring, join us for the biggest event our chapter hosts, the UCF Alumni All-class Nursing Reunion celebrating our Knight Nurses! This year, the event will take place at the UCF College of Nursing. Alumni are invited to return, reconnect and remember how their alma mater helped lead them down their career paths. The next reunion takes place on April 14, 2018.
As part of the reunion, five alumni will be recognized with an Outstanding Alumni Award. Nominations are now open, and self-nominations are accepted. Consider nominating yourself or a fellow Knight Nurse for this special recognition. Applications must be submitted by March 16, 2018.
CON Nurses Week
Also each spring, we celebrate National Nurses Week, visiting local area hospitals and joining in many other Nurses Week celebrations!
Continuing Education Dinners
Each fall and spring, the college hosts multiple continuing education dinners. Attendees earn one continuing nursing education unit (CNE) hour for their participation. Following the lecture, guests will hear an update on the college and learn how to stay connected to their alma mater.
Knight Nursing Alumni Mentorship Program
The Knight Nursing Alumni Mentorship Program is operated by the College of Nursing Alumni Chapter, and is a program that pairs undergraduate students with experienced UCF alumni working in similar areas of interest within the field of nursing. Mentors meet with students monthly on their own schedule and serve as advisors, share experiences and provide new perspectives for the benefit of graduating seniors as they transition into the role of alumni and into their career. This program runs from September through April each year and applications are accepted year round.
- If you’d like to serve as an alumni mentor, please fill out the application form.
- If you’re a senior nursing student who would like to be matched with an alumni mentor, please fill out the application form.
- View the Knight Nursing Alumni Mentorship Program Manual 2017-18 for more information
- View the Knight Nursing Alumni Mentorship Kick-Off Presentation 2016-17 for more information
The UCF College of Nursing's Knight Nursing Alumni Mentorship Program pairs nursing alumni with Traditional BSN students in their senior year as well as Second Degree BSN students who are looking for guidance as they transition into their nursing careers. As a graduate from the college, you are one of our greatest assets! Your valulable experience and insight when shared with our current studen body has a huge impact. We would greatly value your participation and hope that if you do choose to mentor a student, you enjoy an enriching experience while reconnecting with the college and refining your mentorship skills.
Are you a student interested in finding a mentor? You can find your application here.
We owe our successes in large part to the generous contributions of the alumni, friends, corporations, and foundations who have supported our efforts. At the College of Nursing, every gift has an impact that extends beyond the campus into our communities, and every gift is deeply appreciated. We thank those who have invested in the college and inspired our students and faculty to pursue their academic and professional dreams.
For more information, please contact:
Senior Director for Advancement
College of Nursing
Jobs & Career Services
The UCF College of Nursing posts all nursing-related job openings on our UCF College of Nursing Alumni LinkedIn page. Join our group!
Email us to submit a job for posting or for more information.
Need assistance with resume and cover letter writing, job search strategy, networking, utilizing social media in a job search, interview preparation, company research, portfolio building or salary negotiation? Schedule an appointment with the UCF Alumni's career counselor or check out more career services info.
Calling All Potential Preceptors!
The UCF College of Nursing is always looking for preceptors for UCF graduate students. We are specifically seeking nurse practitioners and/or physicians in women's health and pediatrics primary care settings. This is a great opportunity to help educate your future colleagues!
Please contact Dawn Eckoff if you or someone you know is interested in this special opportunity.