College of Nursing Alumni
Be part of a network of more than 7,400 nursing Knights through the UCF College of Nursing Alumni Chapter! Our chapter focuses on bringing alumni together to foster friendships and professional connections that benefit you and the university, and is the perfect way to connect and stay tuned in to UCF and the endless opportunities available throughout our community. Best of all, there are no membership dues!
All Knights are welcome to join us for social, career and community events throughout the year.
Getting involved is easy! Here's how:
- Update your contact information and share your news with fellow alumni.
- Connect with us on social media and tag us in your posts using #ucfnursing, #knightnurses and #ucfalumni.
- Volunteer with the college alumni chapter and directly affect the lives and future careers of UCF students.
Assistant Director, Alumni Engagement
College of Nursing
College of Nursing Alumni Chapter
- Valerie Lapp '99 '09MSN '16PhD | Chair
- Candace McKnight '93 '95 | Immediate Past Chair
- Amy Painter ’06 l Communications Chair
- Shannon Hassett '16 | Philanthropy Chair
- Amanda Schultz '17 | Social Media Chair
- Kimberly Bogers '18 | Reunion Chair
- Kelly Eberbach '15 | Mentorship Chair
- Eliany Torrez Pon '18 | Hospitality Chair
- Michelle Fackler '95 '12MSN| Philanthropy Committee
- Ferra Billa '17 | Mentorship Committee
- Katherine Dorminy '06 '10MSN| Mentorship Committee
- Elizabeth Wren ’07 l Mentorship Committee
- Joyce DeGennaro '03 '09 '13MSN | Faculty Liaison
- Sandra Galura '05MSN '12PhD | Faculty Liaison
- Shannon Strauss | Student Liaison
- Alexandra Fox '18 | Member-at-Large
- Joshua Montemayor '09 | Member-at-Large
- Judy Housel ’98 l Member-at-Large
- Nadine Garcia ’18 l Member-at-Large
Each spring, join us for the biggest event our chapter hosts, the UCF Alumni All-class Nursing Reunion celebrating our Knight Nurses! This year, the event will take place at the UCF College of Nursing. Alumni are invited to return, reconnect and remember how their alma mater helped lead to where they are today. The next reunion takes place on April 13, 2019.
As part of the reunion, five alumni will be recognized with an Outstanding Alumni Award. Nominations are now open, and self-nominations are accepted. Consider nominating yourself or a fellow Knight nurse for this special recognition. Applications must be submitted by March 15, 2019.
CON Nurses Week
Also each spring, we celebrate National Nurses Week, visiting local area hospitals and joining in many other Nurses Week celebrations!
Continuing Education Dinners
Each fall and spring, the college hosts multiple continuing education dinners. Attendees earn one continuing nursing education unit (CNE) hour for their participation. Following the lecture, guests will hear an update on the college and learn how to stay connected to their alma mater.
Knight Nursing Alumni Mentorship Program
The UCF College of Nursing's Knight Nursing Alumni Mentorship Program pairs nursing alumni with Traditional BSN students in their senior year as well as Second Degree BSN students who are looking for guidance as they transition into their nursing careers. As a graduate from the college, you are one of our greatest assets! Your valulable experience and insight when shared with our current studen body has a huge impact. We would greatly value your participation and hope that if you do choose to mentor a student, you enjoy an enriching experience while reconnecting with the college and refining your mentorship skills.
- If you’d like to serve as an alumni mentor, you can apply when applications open in July.
- If you’re a senior nursing student who would like to be matched with an alumni mentor, you can apply when applications open in July.
View the Knight Nursing Alumni Mentorship Program Manual 2018-2019 for more information.
We owe our successes in large part to the generous contributions of the alumni, friends, corporations, and foundations who have supported our efforts. At the College of Nursing, every gift has an impact that extends beyond the campus into our communities, and every gift is deeply appreciated. We thank those who have invested in the college and inspired our students and faculty to pursue their academic and professional dreams.
For more information, please contact:
Senior Director for Advancement
College of Nursing
Jobs & Career Services
The UCF College of Nursing posts all nursing-related job openings on our UCF College of Nursing Alumni LinkedIn page. Join our group!
Email us to submit a job for posting or for more information.
Need assistance with resume and cover letter writing, job search strategy, networking, utilizing social media in a job search, interview preparation, company research, portfolio building or salary negotiation? Schedule an appointment with the UCF Alumni's career counselor or check out more career services info.
Calling All Potential Preceptors!
The UCF College of Nursing is always looking for preceptors for UCF graduate students. We are specifically seeking nurse practitioners and/or physicians in women's health and pediatrics primary care settings. This is a great opportunity to help educate your future colleagues!
Please contact Dawn Eckoff if you or someone you know is interested in this special opportunity.